Sunday 28 September 2008

Boulder, Colorado II

After that negative post, something more cheery.

Today I wandered past the Obama campaign headquarters for Boulder county - and 45 minutes later wandered out, fully qualified and accredited as a voter registration official for the state of Colorado!

The exciting thing was that this training was being provided to a group of people just like me - about 10 people who had literally just walked in off the street in the last 20 minutes or so... which suggests they are getting huge numbers of volunteers. Everyone was very upbeat including a young man from south east London who had never been involved in politics in the UK but had come over solely for the purpose of campaigning for Obama, and will be here until the election.

I will report on my round of super-suburban houses (almost the last street on the edge of town) after I have done it tomorrow.

No comments: