Saturday 18 October 2008

Chicago II - or "Americans love their dogs"

My first host in Chicago, who I met through Servas, and I went today to a park in the north of the city to... enter her dog into a dog fancy dress competition.

Leaving aside the fact that I am really quite scared of dogs, and being held in a small enclosed park with 60 of them, all off their leashes, for 2 hours is close to my room 101, it was quite an experience.

Joey was our entrant - as Elvis. She ended up winning 3rd prize in the home made costume category:

Other highlights included geisha, police dog, wonderwoman and a pirate:

It was certainly unlike anything I have ever, or would ever, do under my own steam, but then, that's part of the point of this adventure. Only, adventurous in a direction I wouldn't necessarily have expected.

No comments: